When you don't want workout.

It may surprise you to learn that I am athletically challenged. Wait a minute, isn't this a running blog?. Yes, it is but really get me (feel me) when I say that I suck at sports. I can't even tell you how many times I've gone to my sister-in-law's basketball or soccer games and cheered for the wrong team. Then when I realize my mistake, I look at other people with a pretentious smirk and say, I meant to do that...I know what's going on.

Oh and don't even get me started on when people talk about sports to me. I'm all, Yeah I caught that race or game on ESCNN or something, It was close... No! It wasn't! They, um, killed the other team. Or...group.  GO CLEVELAND RED SOXS! Pretty sad.

I tell you of my patheticness to show you that you don't have to be a huge athlete or workout junkie to have a lifestyle with a regular workout routine, you just have to look like you do. Perception, people. But even people who are training for a half-marathon have days where you would rather get a Brazillian done purely with tweezers than work out. Believe me, I've been there many days. So I give you my harsh words of advice:


1. Get ready because I am going to hand you the biggest cliche of your life.
Easy for you to say, you're just a dumb wall.
I can't even say it because it's so cliche, I'm going to break out in hives if I do, but you know the phrase I speak of. So as lame as it is, it holds some truth in it. Some workouts you will be praying for an eagle to fly down and kill you and other workouts, you'll feel like a gazelle blissfully lolloping in a wooded glen. Always remember that something is better than nothing.

2. If possible, get a running/workout buddy.
Haha, running, you're so funny!

This helps because you're held accountable and blablabla, yadda-yadda-yadda...we all know why it's easier to run with a buddy because it's been in about a million running articles plastered all over the internet. I don't need to tell you twice.

The real reason why running with a buddy is great at keeping success rates up is because then you get to make fun of all the other lard's sitting at home not working out but a key factor is to choose someone that is worse at running than you are. That way, you get a confidence boost because you'll feel more fit.

Oh and I'm sure it's to ward of predators. When creepers see two women running they think, No way man, I've got morals, I don't mess with two women.  I'm pretty sure that's a fact I saw on Wikipedia once.

3. Get some good tunes.
Where am I going?
When I say get good tunes, I mean good tunes. You can't have any of The Fray shiz or Lana Del Ray, I'm talking legit music. Here is my playlist:


Fix You (coldplay)- Matthew Morrison
Boom Boom Boom - Vengaboys
Fighter - Christina Aguilera*    

You Make Me Feel... ft. - Sabi
Colbie Caillat Brighter Than The Sun 
Dream On-Feat Neil Patrick Harris - Glee
Heart Of A Champion (Feat. Lincoln University Vocal Ensemble)*
The Impossible Dream - Andy Williams
What Doesn't Kill You - Kelly Clarkson 
Blow - Kesha
Born This Way - Lady Gaga
Sexy And I Know It - LMFAO*
Love You Like A Love Song - Selena Gomez  
Who Says - Selena gomez 
Survivor/I will Survive - Glee* 
TiK ToK - Kesha 
Till I Collapse - Eminem Real Steel*
USHER - MORE 2010 
We Are The Champions - Queen
We Are Young - Glee 

I've starred my favorites. They are the songs that make me feel like I could wrestle a bear.

So there you have it. Go and be prosperous my little readers, go. Oh and while I'm at it, I should probably work out too since I've pretty much worked out a total of 4 times in the last 3 weeks. Oops.

1 comment:

Juls said...

I went last night and I attempted to run but I felt like a huge whale that was getting nowhere. Decided to do the elliptical and it took me twice the amount of time to do a mile. It's depressing but hey it's something. You would sure feel like an Olympian running next to me right now. The other depressing thing is that I am loosing my muscle in my arms and cannot lift as much any more I am getting Relief Society arms (that is what I've always called fatty arms. Your run is this weekend right? I cannot wait but you probably can. How did your first day of the job go?